1. This is a competition for 3 people to win their parenting story drawn by Katie Kirby, author of THE DAILY STRUGGLES OF ARCHIE ADAMS AGED 2 ¼. The winners will receive a mounted and framed copy of the illustration of their story. To enter, please submit your funny parenting story that happened in a supermarket or whilst shopping.
Entries should be submitted via the online form hosted at www.HurrahforGinComp.com. Entries to aim to be fewer than 100 words.
2. The winners will be selected from the correct entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions based on the following criteria: humour, relevance and ability to illustrate. The winner shall be selected by Hodder & Stoughton and Katie Kirby, whose decision will be final.
4. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
5. The competitionopens at 12:01 am BST on the 5th October 2017 and closes at 11:59 pm BST on the 31st December 2017. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
6. The competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over in the United Kingdomexcept employees of the Company, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families.
7. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
8. a) By submitting your entry, you agree and warrant that (i) your entry is your own original work; (ii) nothing in your entry is defamatory, private or an infringement of copyright or other intellectual property right or in any way a breach of another’s right. Any entry in breach of this clause will be disqualified from participating in the competition and from winning any prize.
b) By entering the competition, you hereby grant to the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide and for all languages, licence to copy, adapt, edit, distribute, publish, sublicense, and in any and all other ways use your entry for any purpose, in any manner and in all media now known or hereinafter devised. Furthermore, you waive all moral rights whatsoever in your entry. For the avoidance of doubt, the Company is under no obligation to make any use of your entry and the Company shall make no payment to you for any use of your entry.
c) We reserve the right to use all the submissions received on our website, our Facebook pages and on our other social networking sites. We will try to include the name of the entrant but this may not always be possible.
9. The Company is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
10. The Company reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the competition without notice. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided.
12. The Company will make available the name and county of the winner to anyone who requests this information by writing to the following address Hodder & Stoughton, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC47 0DZ.
13. The email addresses of entrants may be shared with companies within the Hachette group of companies but will not be shared with other companies outside the Hachette group. It will be used by the Hachette companies to send you news about books, products and promotions. You will be given the option of opting out in those emails if you don’t want to receive any further news.
14. By entering the competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
15. This competition is being organised by Hodder & Stoughton, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC47 0DZ in partnership with Tesco.
16.These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.