SHARE THE JOY SWEEPSTAKES – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Share the Joy Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) begins at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 13, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on December 22, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion contains a game of chance (“Sweepstakes”). The computer clock of the Sponsor (defined below) is the official time-keeping device in the Promotion.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 (except Alabama, Delaware, and Nebraska, 19, and Mississippi, 21) years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees, officers and directors of The Rockport Company, LLC (“Sponsor”), Falcon.io (“Administrator”) and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, contest, fulfillment and marketing agencies, (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void in any state not listed above and where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- HOW TO ENTER THE PROMOTION: To enter, visit www.rockport.com/sweepstakes (the “Website”) during the Promotion Period. Enter the Sweepstakes by completely entering your true and correct information on the registration form with your email address. Upon registering, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Entry” or “Entry”). Limit of one (1) Sweepstakes Entry per person, per email address.
- SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING/ODDS: On or about January 2, 2018, the Administrator will conduct a random drawing from all eligible Entries received within the Promotion Period and select One (1) Grand Prize Winne, One (1) Second Place Winner, One (1) Third Place Winner and Ten (10) Runner Up Prize winners. Odds of winning a Promotion Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential prize winners will be notified by email and/or phone within three (3) business days of winner selection or as soon as reasonably practicable. Potential winners will have ten (10) days to respond to winning notification before forfeiting their prize. The potential winners of the Grand Prize, Second Place Prize, and Third Place Prize must gift part of their prize to one (1) person of their choosing. These potential winners must provide the email address or phone number of the recipient with whom they wish to share those prizes. The recipient will be notified that their information was provided by a Winner of the Share the Joy Sweepstakes. Each designated recipient of those potential winners will then be notified in the same manner that the Grand Prize, Second Place, and Third Place potential winners were notified under this Section 4. Those recipients will also be subject to all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Any winner of a prize package valued at $600 or more will be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release via email. All forms must be completed, signed, notarized and returned to Administrator within ten (10) days of date of issuance. A potential winner becomes the “Winner” only after verification of eligibility by Sponsor. If such potential winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period, if the potential winner is ineligible, if any notification is returned undeliverable, or if the potential winner in the sole judgement of Sponsor otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining entries for that drawing.
- PRIZE/PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: One (1) Grand Prize, One (1) Second Place Winner, One (1) Third Place Winner and Ten (10) Runner Up Prizes will be awarded during the Promotion as detailed below:
GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of:
- One (1) $500 Rockport.com Gift Card for the winner
- One (1) $500 Rockport.com Gift Card for the winner to share with a friend (the person with whom the winner chooses to share the prize, must also agree to the Terms and Conditions set forth in these Official Rules.
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $1,000.
- SECOND PLACE: One (1) Second Place Prize will be awarded, consisting of:
- One (1) $300 Rockport.com Gift Card
- One (1) $300 Rockport.com Gift Card for the winner to share with a friend (the person with whom the winner chooses to share the prize must also agree to the Terms and Conditions set forth in these Official Rules).
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Second Place Prize is $600.
- THIRD PLACE: One (1) Third Place Prize will be awarded, consisting of:
- One (1) $200 Rockport.com Gift Card
- One (1) $200 Rockport.com Gift Card for the winner to share with a friend (the person with whom the winner chooses to share the prize must also agree to the Terms and Conditions set forth in these Official Rules).
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Third Place Prize is $400.
RUNNERS-UP PRIZES: Ten (10) Runners-Up Prizes will be awarded, one (1) per winner. Each Runners-Up Prize consists of:One (1) Free Pair of Rockport Shoes from Rockport.com of the winner’s choice (winner will receive a code via email to redeem on Rockport.com).
The ARV of each Runner Up Prize is $150.
The total ARV of all Promotion Prizes is $3,500.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit of one (1) Promotion Prize per person/per household. All Promotion prizes will be fulfilled approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks after the Promotion has ended. Promotion Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, delayed, or undelivered prizes. If any winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein.PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO GUARANTEE. ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY THE PROMOTION PARTIES. ALL PRIZE DETAILS ARE AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION. ANY COSTS AND EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AND USE NOT SPECIFIED HEREIN AS BEING PROVIDED ARE WINNERS’ SOLE RESPONSIBILITY.
- GENERAL: Except where prohibited, each winner hereby expressly grants to the Promotion Parties and their respective designees all rights to use and publish his/her name, likeness (photographic or simulated), voice, and state of residence for all purposes, including without limitation, advertising, marketing, promotional and publicity purposes in connection with this Promotion (“Advertising”), in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without any form of notice or any amount or kind of compensation or permission, except where prohibited by applicable law. All copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights in such Advertising shall be owned by Sponsor and/or its licensors, and each winning participant hereby disclaims and waives any claim of right to such Advertising. Such Advertising shall be solely under the control of Sponsor and/or its licensors, and each winner hereby waives any claim of control over the Advertising content as well as any possible claims of misuse of such winning recipient’s name, likeness or voice under contract, tort or any other theory of law. The Promotion Parties do not assume any responsibility for any disruption in the Promotion Parties, including but not limited to the failure or interruption of Facebook or any internet service provider. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures and other statements contained in any Promotion materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed in Rule #5. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All decisions as to these Official Rules and interpretations thereof are exclusively within the sole discretion of the Promotion Parties and may be changed from time to time without notice. The Promotion Parties reserve the right to cancel or modify the Promotion at any time without notice. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning Entry. If, in Sponsor’s sole determination, a dispute cannot be resolved, the Entry will be deemed ineligible. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, or corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
- CONDUCT: By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Promotion Parties, which shall be final, binding and non-appealable in all respects. Failure to comply (as determined in the sole judgment of Sponsor) with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. The Promotion Parties reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Promotion, or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promotion Parties to be in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promotion Parties to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person and void all associated Entries and/or registrations. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER, YOU OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE PROMOTION PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: THE PROMOTION PARTIES ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR (A) LOST, LATE, STOLEN, UNDELIVERED, INACCURATE, INCOMPLETE, DELAYED, MISDIRECTED, DAMAGED OR GARBLED REGISTRATIONS, ENTRIES, URLS, OR EMAILS; (B) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE ENTRY INFORMATION, OR FOR ANY FAULTY OR FAILED ELECTRONIC DATA TRANSMISSIONS; (C) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR ALTERATION OF ENTRIES OR REGISTRATIONS AT ANY POINT IN THE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION; (D) ANY TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION, FAILURE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, WITH REGARD TO ANY EQUIPMENT, SYSTEMS, NETWORKS, LINES, CABLE, SATELLITES, SERVERS, COMPUTERS OR PROVIDERS UTILIZED IN ANY ASPECT OF THE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION; (E) INACCESSIBILITY OR UNAVAILABILITY OF THE INTERNET OR THE WEB SITE OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF OR FOR COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MALFUNCTIONS, FAILURES OR DIFFICULTIES, OR OTHER ERRORS OR DIFFICULTIES OF ANY KIND WHETHER HUMAN, MECHANICAL, ELECTRONIC, COMPUTER, NETWORK, TYPOGRAPHICAL, PRINTING OR OTHERWISE RELATING TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ERRORS OR DIFFICULTIES WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, SOCIAL NETWORKING POSTS, OR REGISTRATIONS, THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE PRIZES, OR IN ANY OTHER PROMOTION-RELATED MATERIALS; OR (F) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PARTICIPANTS OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON’S COMPUTER WHICH MAY BE RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM ANY ATTEMPT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION. IF, FOR ANY REASON, THE PROMOTION (OR ANY PART THEREOF) IS NOT CAPABLE OF RUNNING AS PLANNED FOR REASONS WHICH MAY INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INFECTION BY COMPUTER VIRUS, TAMPERING, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, FRAUD, TECHNICAL FAILURES, OR ANY OTHER CAUSES WHICH MAY CORRUPT OR AFFECT THE ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY, FAIRNESS, INTEGRITY OR PROPER CONDUCT OF THIS PROMOTION, THEN THE PROMOTION PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT AT THEIR SOLE DISCRETION TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND THE PROMOTION IN WHOLE OR IN PART. IF TERMINATED, THE PROMOTION PARTIES WILL AWARD THE PRIZES FROM AMONG ALL NON-SUSPECT, ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED FOR THE PROMOTION UP TO THE TIME OF SUCH ACTION.
- RELEASES: ALL PARTICIPANTS, AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION, AGREE TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE PROMOTION PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DAMAGES, OR ACTIONS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE SUSTAINED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN CONNECTION WITH (A) PARTICIPATION IN ANY ASPECT OF THE PROMOTION, (B) THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP OR USE OF THE PRIZE AWARDED, INCLUDING ANY TRAVEL ASSOCIATED WITH ANY PRIZE, (C) PARTICIPANT’S REGISTRATION MATERIAL ON ANY RELATED WEBSITE, OR (D) ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL OR OTHER ERROR IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or winners, Sponsor, and Administrator in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Commonwealth of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which might otherwise cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to the Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the courts of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. You hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non-convenience or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
- TAX INFORMATION: All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner. A 1099 tax form (preceded by a W9 Form) will be issued to each Winner or recipient who receives a prize package valued at $600 or more.
WINNERS LIST: To receive the list of winners of prizes, send a #10 self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by January 15, 2018 to: Share the Joy Sweepstakes Winners List Request, c/o the Marketing Department, The Rockport Company, LLC, 1220 Washington Street, West Newton, MA 02465.
SPONSOR: The Rockport Company, LLC, 1220 Washington Street, West Newton, MA 02465
ADMINISTRATOR: Falcon.io, 134 North 4th Street, 2nd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11249